Yoga for Recovery - Austin - February 9, 2019
Get informed and be inspired with PURE Action's #YogaTALK series, this month promoting and celebrating better heart health. Yoga, nutrition, lifestyle, cardiovascular disease risk and heart health discussions with key speakers Dr. Michael Watkins, MD, FACC of the Seton Heart Institute and Dr. Stacy Hunter, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Health and Human Performance at Texas State University in San Marcos, and Research Director for PURE Action, a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Also, we will have a special pranayama breathing talk and practice for cardiac health with Charles MacInerney, one of Austin's most experienced yoga teachers and yoga therapists.
practice the Fundamentals of Ashtanga yoga
145 - 345 pm #yogaTALK
Yoga For Recovery - Jeff Chen, Executive Director of PURE Action, Inc.
- Hot Yoga and the Aging Arteries - Dr. Stacy Hunter, PhD, Assistant Professor, Texas State University
- Comparison of Blood Viscosity and Hematocrit - James Shadiow
- Acute Effects of Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Tobi Fadeyi
- Preventive Cardiology: Nutrition and Lifestyle Choices - Dr. Michael G Watkins, MD, FACC, Seton Heart Institute
- Pranayama: Breathing for Cardiac Health - Charles MacInerney, E-RYT-500, C-IAYT
PURE Action - Mardy Chen, Founder of PURE Action, Inc.
- 75-minute Hot Yoga set to a music playlist
Yoga For Recovery. Learn More about Past Events
October 2018 - 3rd Annual Yoga Research Conference in Austin, TX
September 2018 - Yoga Journal Magazine 2018 Live Be Yoga Tour: